How did we get around?
Ozzy, “The Jintero’! Thank you to a fellow Rutgers Alumni, Tiandre Jones; we were connected with a guy by the name of Ozzy. Tiandre provided me with Ozzy’s email about two – three weeks before we left for Cuba. Besides Laura being fluent in Spanish, having Ozzy (a dedicated driver) and being fluent in English was vital to the success of our trip. We also decided to map out are trip before hand (see photo of our Agenda).
Ozzy was there waiting at the airport when we arrived! I knew we were in good hands when his first words were a phrase that I hear back home – WHATS GOOD? (Slang for hello, how are you, etc – LOL )Ozzy took us back to our Airbnb and sat with us for about an hour and went over our schedule of events for our stay in Cuba. Ozzy had his brother YoYi meet us in the apartment as well. We told them both what we wanted to do and we worked out all of the prices up front.
Ozzy is what Cubans call a Jintero His formal job title is a driver – but he can pretty much make anything happen for you. Jintero – may come with some negative connations, but that is not my goal in writing this peace. My goal is say that Ozzy got stuff done – point black period! When we needed something he got it done for us! Please understand that he will take a portion of the proceeds for his own salary without you knowing per se. I was completely ok with this because it was so easy for us to get things set up before we arrived in Cuba. For an example, I REALLY wanted to go fishing while in Cuba. More specifically I wanted to go fly-fishing for bonefish (A type of fish that I had never caught before). Ozzy connected me with a company that was ran by a guy who lives in Spain, and the company wanted $875 for this excursion that was a three hour drive outside of the city of Havana. I do not have a blog post entry about this because it simply didn't happen – LoL.
Ozzy did however hook me up with a deep sea fishing boat outside of the city of Havana!
Comments
Post a Comment