Varadero vs. Santa Maria
There is much debate about which beach is the best beach! I am not sure which one is best, but all I can offer is my experience. Santa Maria is only twenty minutes outside of the city of Havana vs Varadero which is about 2.5 hours outside of the city of Havana. That's right, 2.5 hours. For us New Jerysians that is like driving to Baltimore and back in one day! We opted for Varadero – even though it was really far. Some people do Varadero in one day, leaving Havana en la Madrugada (the early morning) and coming back late at night!
We decided to book an all – inclusive spot called Ocean Vista Azul in Varadero for a one night stay! Let me say this, and I think I can speak for everyone in my group – Varadero was well worth it! The thing is Havana, is not your typical Caribbean vacation – because the water that is most accessible is the water along the Malecon (see photo). The Malecon is not a beach, the shores are rocky and it is simply night a place where you can enjoy a beach! Varadero – is like the escape from your Vacation. The beach is amazing, the views are amazing, the water is like bath water! Think Bahamas prices, which a few steps up on the social class ladder in terms of quality!
Comments
Post a Comment